Q&A with Bride-to-be
With wedding season underway we thought it was the perfect time to showcase our beautiful personalised wedding gifting service. Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift to surprise your bridesmaids on the morning of your wedding, a special place to keep your wedding bands until the big day or somewhere to keep your honeymoon jewellery organised, the Stackers wedding collection is for you!
One bride-to-be, (that will be using the Stackers Travel Jewellery Box on her honeymoon) Victoria, is now just a few weeks away from walking down the aisle. To celebrate the launch of our wedding collection we caught up with Victoria to have a chat about all things wedding planning and how she’s managed to stay on track for the big day.
1. Firstly, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. How long do you have left now until your special day?Thank you, I’m so excited! I have exactly two months left till my big day, I cannot believe where the time is going!
2. We understand you’ll probably want to keep things under wraps for now but is there anything you can tell us about your wedding day? Like a theme for example?The colour of the villa where I’m having my reception is a rich magenta pink, so my colour theme for the wedding decorations will be varying shades of rich pinks and gold. It will be a beautiful mixture of summer with a hint of autumn thrown in since the end of August is slowly transitioning into the next season.
3. What was the first thing you did after you got engaged?We were on our first day holiday on a road trip in Tuscany and stood watching the sunset from a hilltop town overlooking the Tuscan landscape, it was magical! So, I called my parents as soon as I got engaged but the main thing we did was go out for a gorgeous, intimate meal together to celebrate just to two of us. I left revealing our news to the rest of our friends/family until a few days into the holiday as we wanted to enjoy our time together before all the congrats messages came through!
4. What have you found the hardest thing about planning your wedding day?
For me personally, I find the bringing together the little details the hardest. I’m more of a bigger picture person. I can tell you what the overall vision is but thinking about what colour I want the cutlery to be or where the welcome sign should stand is a little bit overwhelming for me! We do have a planner who has been invaluable to planning our detail, but most of the creative details I have tried to organise myself. In addition, planning a wedding in Italy while we live in London hasn’t been easy either. Lots of trips and visits to our venue have had to take place (which I’m not complaining about!) but add to costs and logistical issues!
5. Have you found any great apps or planners that have helped you stay organised with the wedding prep?
I have used Wedding Wire’s planning website throughout my wedding, which is entirely free and really thinks of every little detail for your big day! It’s so easy to use and as soon as you think you’re on top of things, Wedding Wire reminds you of the rest of the checklist you still have to get through!
6. Can you give us any little hints about your wedding jewellery at all?
Since I’m half-greek, most of my accessories have had a Greek goddess theme in mind, so picture lots of golds and laurel-leaf inspired jewellery!
7. How important is it to you to take jewellery with you on your honeymoon and do you have any favourite piece you can’t go on holiday without (apart from your engagement ring)?
Oh I can’t live without my everyday jewellery and honestly struggle to find where to safely put it when I’m travelling. I have quite a few pieces that mean a lot to me, such as a gold bracelet my parents bought me for my 21st birthday, which I wear every day. These things are pieces you never want to lose, so I’m so grateful to now have a cute little box I can keep them all in when I travel!
8. Lastly, do you have any advice for any newly engaged readers?
Get all the key stuff you want in your big day planned as soon as possible - i.e. catering, photographers, entertainment, florists and so on. Not only can you then take time to focus on the more intricate, creative or logistical stuff, knowing that all the key ingredients to your special day are sorted out, but you also won’t miss out on important suppliers being booked up in advance!
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your wedding plans, we hope you have the best day and we can't wait to see your beautiful pictures from your special day and of course your honeymoon. You can stay up to date with Victoria’s wedding journey over on her blog .
Victoria chose the Stackers Medium Travel Jewellery Box to take her favourite jewellery pieces on honeymoon with her new initials hand stamped on the front. You’ll have to check back with Victoria at the end of August to what pieces she’s decided to take with her!
Are you recently engaged or is your special day coming up, see how we can help you with all things wedding, browse the full wedding collection here.