3 tips to organise your home in Time for summer
It doesn’t have to take you long, but doing these 3 simple tasks will allow you to spend more time doing the things you actually want to be doing over summer and also allow room for impromptu BBQ’s and spontaneous summer entertaining!
1. Make sure your garden is ready for summer
Now is the time to check your outdoor areas. Winters can be long and hard on a garden so it’s important to get things sorted before the hot weather so you can make the most of the (never long enough) summer we have!
Check all your outdoor plumbing is working and have a good sort out of the garden. This means throwing out any unsalvageable toys and taking the unwanted ones to a charity shop. It’s also a good idea to get all your outdoor furniture out of storage and make sure it’s survived the winter, most importantly the BBQ!
2. Get your kitchen summer ready
If you’re planning on making the most of the warmer months with lots of BBQs, then ensuring your kitchen is ready for the change in season will be wise. By doing small things now you’ll be able to make the most of those summer days that we long for. A few tips from the Stackers team:
- Bring out the BBQ tools! Swap out those casserole dishes with BBQ equipment.
- Make sure all your serving dishes and salad bowls are taking pride of place in your cupboards.
- Now’s a good time to bring the summer accessories out from the back of the cupboards, such as drinks dispensers, ice lolly trays and reusable straws.
- Fill your ice cube trays ready for those summer drinks!
3. Seasonal clothing hacks
It’s always a good idea at the beginning of each season to have a sort through of your wardrobes, especially summer and winter. If you can, try swapping round your seasonal clothes as this will give you more space in your wardrobe. Vacuum storage bags are great for this, allowing you to store the clothes you’re not wearing under the bed or at the top of your wardrobe whilst taking up minimal space.
Seasonal accessories can also take up a lot of space so swap out your scarves and boots for summer hats and sandals.
We’d love to hear your tips for a seamless change of seasons and how you plan on making the most of your home this summer. Let us know on Instagram.